My thoughts floated something like this today...
- OK relax - Listen to your breath.
- Maybe I'll buy a juice after class. That would be a healthy thing to do.
- The person next to me is breathing. Wait I should be listening to my breath. Why am I listening to this guys breath.
- I think I should paint a Ganesha today. I will need to go to Home Depot and...
- Focus Danny. Be in the now.
- I can't wait to go to Thailand. I wonder how I will be out there.
- How much snow has Steamboat gotten I really should figure this out after class.
- Why am I thinking this. I am supposed to be in the now. Arggghhh.
- What did the teacher just say?
- Man it's hot in here....
We all thought that happiness can be answered if we just get... There is always the thing we want and drive towards. Once you receive this thing, does your mind break towards I will be happy if only I get this...
Yoga is a constant practice both on and off the mat.
After class I thought of how much my life is a constant chatter box. I work on the lap top with the TV on. If my mind starts to wonder my eyes start to go towards the TV. It stops me from drifting into my mind thought. I feel like a lot of this is to help minimize the chatter that goes on in my head. It stops me from thinking of things as I focus then on the TV.
I feel like I am going to need some time to settle my chatter boxes. Doing things like turning off the TV and managing my time better will help this chatter box slow down. It is a good practice to help my mind to find "the now"